Thursday, July 5, 2018

Round 1 Complete

Round 1 was completed yesterday with my last 4 pills.  So far, everything is manageable.  As anyone taking medications knows (or listens to TV commercials), they all have side effects and the degree of severity is always the balance.  Mine so far have been mild and manageable.  A little queasiness that I can manage with food rather than more pills.  Tiredness that I manage with a nap.  Some other minor issues that I won't go into detail on, but nothing to keep me housebound or unable to venture forth.  Now I get a two week break before it all starts again. 

Meanwhile I'll keep chugging the water to flush the chemicals.  Celebrating Dad's 78th birthday on Sunday and a quick get away to Sebastopol the following weekend with some friends. 

One of my friends posted this on her own Facebook recently.  I've been reading it over as I face this newest twist in my cancer experience.  I don't feel "ripe" yet so I keep going forward one step at a time.  That is life for any one of us. 

In all honesty, when I think about dying I wonder if I will be afraid or if my faith will be as strong as I think it is. This quote by Jonathan Edwards really comforted my heart. When the time is right, I will be ready to go.
"When the fruit is ripe, it is easily gathered; it does not cleave fast to the tree, but is ready to quit it, and is picked without rending or making any wound. So is a saint that is ripe for heaven, he easily quits this world."

Thanks for following my ramblings.  

No comments: